Teddy and I are so grateful to be recognized yet again for an award for blogging! We would like to thank The Girl With The Paw Print Tattoo for nominating us for this honor. We appreciate that you recognize the joy and pawsitivity we are trying to spread through the blogosphere! First of all, we love that she does indeed have a paw print tattoo and we also recognize how passionate she is about her blogging topics. Be sure to check out the link above to read some of her no-holds-barred blog posts! You will NOT be disappointed.
What is the “Mystery Blogger Award” ?
It’s an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion.
It appears to have been started by Okoto Enigma. At least this is the information I am copying!
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
- Share a link to your best post(s).
Questions Asked Of Me:
1. If you could be any famous person in history, who would you want to be? I would love to be Maya Angelou. Even though she went through a hell of a lot in her life, not all of it hearts and roses, she still ended up being very inspirational to a whole lot of people. I looked up to her for hope and strength and wisdom!
2. Would you rather lose all of your money and valuables or all of the pictures you have ever taken? Hmmm . . . I would rather lose my money and valuables. They are things which can be replaced. Family photographs are not replaceable.
3. What would be the absolute worst name you could give your child? My son actually gets the credit for this one. His girlfriend was recently thinking of names for her new puppy, and my son came up with Bahginga. What kind of a name is Bahginga? I’m glad she settled on Zoey. Although now that I think about it, maybe Smokestoomuch or Fartsalot would be worse names for a child than Bahginga.
4. If you could be a fictional character in any book, who would you be and from what book? Sometimes I actually feel like Holden Caulfield from The Catcher in the Rye, but I don’t like it when I feel that way. Ideally, I would like to be Atticus Finch from To Kill A Mockingbird. I would love to have the opportunity to make a huge difference in the world like he did.
5. Can you recommend your favorite movies to me that you think I might enjoy? I’m running out lol . . . Why, yes, yes, I can. I just watched Stronger, which follows the recovery of Boston bombing victim, Jeff Bauman. It touches on how he was affected by PTSD after the event. The Squid and the Whale; The Home at the End of the World; The Zookeeper’s Wife; The Book Thief; A Monster Calls; Beatriz at Dinner; The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks; Hidden Figures; Secondhand Lions; Concussion; and The Shack! (let me know if you run out again . . . )
3 Things About Me:
- I have a passion for collecting fossilized shark’s teeth. I learned about this hobby a few years ago when I visited the Gulf Coast of Florida. When I was on the beach looking at the waves and all the beautiful palm trees around me, I noticed that a LOT of people were intently focusing on the sand beneath their feet, sifting through it with a singular focus as if they were looking for gold. I stopped to ask someone about it, and she educated me about the fine art of shark’s tooth hunting, and yes, I got addicted. I am now one of those people who, rather than looking around at the beauty of the beach, is instead looking down and searching for teeth to add to my collection. However, I do look up and enjoy the view occasionally. I’m not THAT obsessed . . . yet.
- I am a voracious reader. It usually takes me about 3 days to finish a book. If I don’t read at least 100 pages a day, I feel a little “off-center” so to speak. I love being able to travel and live inside another person’s life without leaving the comfort of my big blue chair with my little white doggy curled up next to me!
- I am a soccaholic. I love to play soccer, watch soccer, coach soccer, you name it! There was a time when I was playing five nights a week, but my doctor told me to cut down or I was looking at knee surgery, so I cut back to two nights. My mother once asked me when I was going to quit. “Aren’t you getting a little old for that?” she asked. I replied, “Well, I just saw an 89-year-old grandmother from South Africa play soccer, so I figured I’ve got a little time left.” You can look them up on Youtube. They’re the Soccer-Playing Grannies from South Africa, and they are my soccer role models!
- Me, Myself and Panic
- Stigma Unraveled
- Water for Camels
- Denzil The Book Owl
- Laura Jess Blog
- Everything’s Mary
- Write Into Life
- Faith Over Fear
- Dogged Hope
Now you guys don’t have to do this award by any means, only if you wish to! Or answer the questions in the comments below if you would like, I always love reading answers.
1. If you could have dinner with three people (living or dead), who would they be?
2. If you could change the world, how would you change it?
3. What is your dream job?
4. What is some advice that you would like to give to the generation to come?
5. If you could walk in the shoes of one person for the day, who would it be and why?
My Best Post, at least in Teddy’s opinion, is: This is the Face of Homelessness
The Best Post in terms of likes is: 2017 Has Officially Gone to the Dogs!